Friday, April 15, 2011

Chocolate Bliss Cookies



We all know about peanut butter blossoms, the simply delish cookie with the Hershey kiss smack in the middle of it. But, alas, there are many people and kiddies that are allergic to peanut butter and cannot enjoy this cookie. I found an alternative, and a really,really good one herehttp://www.thedragonskitchen.com/2008/12/chocolate-bliss-kisses.html. The idea is the same but the cookie is shortbread based, so VOILA, no allergy problems. These are so good. I love anything shortbread. My kids love them and they are quick enough to throw together as a last minute something to bring to someones house.


Chocolate Bliss Cookies


Ingredients:


1 cup butter, softened

1 cup powdered sugar

1 tbsp vanilla

1/4 tsp salt

2 cups flour

36 hershey kisses, unwrapped



Directions:


Preheat oven to 3225.

Cream butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.

Sift flour and salt together. Add to butter mixture. Mix until dough forms.

Scoop dough and shape into 1 inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on your parchmant lined baking sheet.

Bake for 12-14 minutes, just until set and bottoms begin to turn a light golden brown. Remove baking tray from the oven and IMMEDIATELY top each cookie with a Hershey kiss, pressing down lightly.

Cool cookies on the tray for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.


Try and keep yourself from eating them. No can do here.

I have to tell you that I undercook these by a minute or so, I like soft cookies and these are really delicious when they are soft. I believe in the original post, these were referred to as nipple cookies, by her friends. lol. I can see why. But I will just call then awesome and something I love to serve when we are gathered around the table. Try them for Easter, you will love them, and no allergy worries.

2 comments:

  1. I was an old follower of your old blog... stopping by to follow your new blog!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just made these and wanna say a huge thank you! I can't get Hershey's Kisses where I live so I used Reese's buttons instead... They came out so delicious and cute, plus they still look kinda like nipples lol! Thanks again for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete